Tuesday, February 4, 2020

10/16/17 review of documentary EX LIBRIS, dir. by Frederick Wiseman


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the documentary EX LIBRIS: The New York Public Library, directed by Frederick Wiseman.

The thread gives a summary of the film. It gives some context on Wiseman, my experience with Wiseman's works, and my experiences with the New York Public Library. The thread discusses the film's themes, such as the NYPL's various functions, communication within the NYPL, community within the NYPL, public conversations, public-private partnerships, and other US library systems. The thread also discusses my own reactions to the film and the film's artistic touches.

I saw this film at the Denver Film Society's Sie FilmCenter in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment