Saturday, May 1, 2021

2/8/20 discussion about a whole bunch of things

Here is the link to my February 8, 2020, Twitter thread, which is basically just me letting off some steam about a few things I was experiencing in my life at the time.

As a quick note -- in this thread, I call Lindon Barrett's book Blackness and Value: Seeing Double a horribly written book.

This is hilarious to me now, as this book is probably one of the most foundational books for my thinking.

However, I definitely remember how tough it was to get through the book. And, honestly, I still have a lot of issues with academics who write in an "academic style," instead of a more natural style. The academic writing style is definitely a form of cultural exclusion, in my opinion -- like so much else in academia.

Thank you for reading. Please enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment