Saturday, May 1, 2021

2/11/20 additional themes from the film Birds of Prey

Here is the link to my February 11, 2020, Twitter thread discussion of some themes (a lot of them more queer or fem-social) that I noticed in the film Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).

I should note that this review discusses my thoughts on why the film didn't seem to get much traction at the box office. A lot of people argued back then, and many argue today, that the reason was that people were hesitant to go out because of COVID.

I didn't mention this at all in this thread. There are reasons for this, which I'll discuss in a "thoughts" post later on. However, I didn't COVID fears as a factor in this thread, even though I was perfectly aware that that's what many people were already attributing low box office numbers to.

Thank you for reading. Please enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment