Monday, November 26, 2018

3/1/15 review of Scholastic Art & Writing Awards exhibit at History Colorado Center

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards exhibit that took place at the History Colorado Center in early 2015.

This exhibit was a statewide exhibit of work by teens. The show was enormous, with a ton of great visual art work. In this thread, I mostly highlight the works I liked. I also discuss the HCC's 1968 exhibit, which gave a snapshot of the United States in 1968. That was a fabulous show. I provide a lot of pictures in the thread. I also mention having seen Joyce Carol Oates at the Tattered Cover Book Store, where she'd been speaking about her just-released book, The Sacrifice.

Here is a link to the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards website.

Here is a link to the History Colorado Center's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment