Monday, November 26, 2018

3/8/15 review of film The Duke of Burgundy

Here is the link to my March 8, 2015, Twitter thread review of the film The Duke of Burgundy, directed by Peter Strickland.

The Duke of Burgundy has remained my favorite narrative film of this decade. In this thread, I discuss the conflict between vanilla and BDSM desires. I also discuss the "power of victimhood," as well as selfishness and the desire to please in relationships. I discuss how sometimes the doms in BDSM relationships are more vulnerable than the subs. I also discuss some of my favorite scene, fetish and other, in the film.

If you haven't seen The Duke of Burgundy, I highly recommend it -- though I would also mention that it is very fetish-oriented. Here is the trailer for the film.


I would also mention that the soundtrack for The Duke of Burgundy, by Cat's Eyes, is wonderful. Here's the opening credit song.


No comments:

Post a Comment