Monday, January 14, 2019

5/9/15 review of the film The Hand That Feeds, by Rachel Lears & Robin Blotnick

Here is a link to my Twitter thread review of the documentary The Hand That Feeds, by Rachel Lears and Robin Blotnick, and released by Jubilee Films.

In The Hand That Feeds, a group of New York City workers, some undocumented, organize with groups such as the Laundry Workers Center United and Occupy Wall Street in order to fight for better wages and benefits from their employer, Hot & Crusty. In my review, I discuss the dynamics between the labor unions, Occupy Wall Street, and other people who helped the workers. I also discuss how those dynamics relate to labor history.

Here is the trailer for The Hand That Feeds.


Also, I saw this film at the Denver Film Society, a great movie house located in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment