Thursday, January 31, 2019

9/26/15 review of film Ciencias Naturales, dir. by Matias Lucchesi

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the film Ciencias Naturales, directed by Matias Lucchesi.

This thread also includes more of a review on the animated film Extraordinary Tales, which I also mentioned in my previous blog post.

Ciencias Naturales is an Argentinian film about a young girl who leaves a boarding school to meet her estranged father. I compare this to some other "children searching" films that I also love. I discuss some of the emotions I love in the story, as well as some of the characters and relationships I love. I also discuss the music of Benito Malacalza, which makes the movie that much better.

Here is the trailer for Ciencias Naturales.


I saw this film at the Denver Film Society's CineLatino festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment