Tuesday, January 29, 2019

9/24/15 review of the film Foxfire, dir. by Laurent Cantet

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the film Foxfire: Confessions of a Girl Gang, which was directed by by Laurent Cantet.

Foxfire is a 2013 film adaptation of the Joyce Carol Oates book of the same name. I'm very surprised the film isn't more widely known, as it's a spot-on adaptation of the novel. In my Twitter thread, I discuss the film's atmosphere, the youthful appearance of the girls, the characters of the girls, the way Legs' personality shapes and tears apart the girl gang, and a character that seemed to be missing from the movie (I think).

Here is the trailer for Foxfire.


Also, I saw this film at the Denver Film Society, a great movie theater in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment