Wednesday, January 22, 2020

1/15/17 review of American Mirror: The Life and Art of Norman Rockwell


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the book American Mirror: The Life and Art of Norman Rockwell, by Deborah Solomon.

The thread gives some background on the book, Norman Rockwell, my experience with Rockwell's work, and how Rockwell's work has influenced my own work. The thread discusses Solomon's ideas about Rockwell's artistic intentions and relation to commercial art; the psychology and sexuality or Rockwell's work; the social aspects of Rockwell's work. It also discusses some Rockwell paintings that surprised me in Solomon's book.

Here is the link to Macmillan's web page for American Mirror.

I checked this book out from the Jefferson County Public Library in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment