Friday, January 31, 2020

9/4/17 review of the BRIDGE Act

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the BRIDGE Act.

The BRIDGE Act was a sort of immigration reform bill proposed in 2017 to help DREAMers who were facing adverse policy from the new White House administration. My thread is an open letter to Congresspeople in my state, Colorado, asking specific questions about the bill.

Obviously I never heard back from the Congresspeople -- both of whom, by the way, are really nice, but both of whom have quite honestly never responded to a phone call, email, or tweet I have sent them. And, as you'll see in future posts, I have reached out to Congressperson DeGette on more occasions than this.

I wouldn't say that anything about this thread is intelligent. If anything, it just documents that I was trying more and more, as the years went by, really to understand the process of policy making in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment