Friday, January 31, 2020

9/21/17 "open letter" proposal to YouTube

Here is the link to a Twitter thread I wrote in September of 2017 as a kind of open letter to YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki about an idea I had called "Pay if you like."

I hesitated over whether to put this thread into this blog. I'm not really reviewing anything here. But I still think this idea is good. And I think it does take a look at YouTube at a really interesting moment in the platform's history. So much stuff is changing with YouTube right now. And I -- along with many other people -- spent a lot of the past couple years, starting in 2018, mostly, paying attention to all of that stuff. So it's interesting to see this attempt at conversation with the CEO of YouTube, before the platform started seeing all its changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment