Thursday, January 30, 2020

8/22/17 review of book Toward a Theory of Economic Growth, by Simon Kuznets


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the book Toward a Theory of Economic Growth, with Reflections on the Economic Growth of Modern Nations, by Simon Kuznets.

The thread gives a summary of the book's essays and some contexts on Kuznets and why I wanted to read his work. The thread discusses Kuznets's analytical methods, and his ideas on economic components, national growth, science and innovation, social factors for growth, and international relations. The thread also discusses how my own experience sort of biased and hindered my understanding of Kuznets's ideas.

W.W. Norton used to publish this book. But, as far as I can tell, the book has gone out of print.

No comments:

Post a Comment