Tuesday, March 16, 2021

5/12/18 thread about my concept of "easy indicators" in society

Here is the link to my May 12, 2018, Twitter thread discussion about easy indicators.

This thread was intended to show how people use "easy indicators" as a way to make decisions easier, without requiring critical thought or deep investigation. I tried to show how what I call easy indicators come from a lazy mindset that depends too much on things like automation and consensus, but also on things like racism, sexism, and prejudice.

My ultimate hope was -- surprise, surprise -- to critique FOSTA-SESTA as a type of "easy indicator" that really only exists to further marginalize the already marginalized.

Unfortunately... Twitter's platform has twisted each of my threads through 2018 and 2019 out of chronological order. This thread is extremely impacted. My argument is totally twisted out of shape. You can still make it out if you try. But the thread is mangled. My apologies.

Thank you for reading. Please enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment