Wednesday, August 21, 2019

10/3/15 review of Tiel Lundy's Fashion in Film seminar at Denver Film Society

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of a seminar University of Colorado professor Tiel Lundy did on Fashion in Film in 2015.

For some reason, I addressed this entire thread to Lundy.

The thread discusses Lundy's idea that fashion is a means of both oppression and expression. It discusses how Lundy explores the changing fashions of characters in single films. I discuss some of Marshall McLuhan's ideas on fashion. I also mention some films where fashion plays a role in the development of a nerdy character into a cool character. I discuss some other films I like where fashion plays a role, as well as ideas around the film fashions of Edith Head.

I saw this seminar at the Denver Film Society's Sie FilmCenter in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment