Tuesday, August 27, 2019

1/3/16 review of Judith Butler's Notes Toward a Performative Theory of Assembly


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of Judith Butler's Notes Toward a Performative Theory of Assembly.

The thread gives a bit of background into how I learned about Judith Butler and Jean Baudrillard. It gives my opinion of Butler's philosophical style. It compares Butler's gender studies with the studies of public assembly that she illustrates in this book. It then gives a basic summary of the ideas Butler expresses in the book. It then outlines a number of different things I like about the book.

Here is the link to the Harvard University Press's page for Notes Toward a Performative Theory of Assembly.

I bought this book at the Tattered Cover Book Store in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment