Saturday, August 3, 2019

4/12/15 review of the book Safe Space by Christina B. Hanhardt

(Image source: https://www.dukeupress.edu/safe-space)

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the book Safe Space: Gay Neighborhood History and the Politics of Violence, by Christina B. Hanhardt.

My Twitter thread review of Safe Space unfortunately stays pretty shallow. It gives a very basic overview of what kind of history the book covers. It also ends with a kind of quaint opinion about how the LGBTQ movement is "becoming" intersectional. I was just then learning what intersectionality is all about. I was too self-centered to realize I was the one learning, not the LGBTQ community, which had already learned.

Here is a link to the Duke University Press page for Safe Space.

I bought this book from the Tattered Cover Book Store in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment