Thursday, August 22, 2019

11/7/15 review of the book Women in Clothes

(Image source: https://www.womeninclothes.com/)

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the book Women in Clothes edited by Sheila Heti, Heidi Julavits, and Leanne Shapton.

My Twitter thread review discusses the context of Women in Clothes. It then gives some detail on the style and philosophy of the book. Since the book is essentially an anthology of creative work, I then discuss pieces in the book that I like. This includes work by Makiko Yamamoto, Cindy Sherman, Molly Ringwald, Monica Bill Barnes, Anna Bass, and Delia Marcus. The thread has a few pictures from the book.

Here is the link to the website for the book Women in Clothes.

I bought this book from the Tattered Cover Book Store in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment