Tuesday, March 10, 2020

1/14/18 review of film Proud Mary, dir. by Babak Najafi


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the film Proud Mary, directed by Babak Najafi.

The thread gives a summary of the film. The thread discusses some of the performances I like. It discusses comparisons others and I made to other films. It discusses the action sequences. It discusses the film's visuals. And it discusses some reviewers' feeling that that film was too short. It discusses some of the film's themes, like family, crime families, motherhood, single motherhood, professional womanhood.

Some of my Twitter threads have been twisted out of chronological order by Twitter's platform. The coherency of this thread suffers slightly as a result. My apologies.

I saw this film at the Regal UA Denver Pavilions theater in downtown Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment