Tuesday, March 3, 2020

11/12/17 discusson about being hit on as a teenager

Here is the link to a Twitter thread I wrote in November of 2017 about having been, as a teenager, hit on by an adult.

I wrote this story in response to some tweets I'd seen trying to prove that all youth/adult interactions involving attraction were traumatic to youth. A lot of the thread discusses my own youth trauma, which was actually the effect of Christian ideology claiming that LGBTQ people like myself were doomed to hell -- not the effects of random adults telling me, as a teenager, something pleasant about my appearance.

This thread is, by the way, my first mention of the term "manufactured consent" in relation to age of consent laws. And it's probably the first thread where I really discuss human beings, and especially young people, as legally being made the sexual property of the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment