Wednesday, March 25, 2020

2/17/18 review of Colorado Ballet's Romeo & Juliet


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the Colorado Ballet's 2018 production of Romeo & Juliet, with choreography by Derek Deane.

The thread gives a summary of and some context for the ballet and the Colorado Ballet. It also compares -- probably a little too much -- the Colorado Ballet performance with other versions of the Romeo & Juliet story. The thread discusses some aspects of the ballet I liked, like its choreography, its costumes and sets, some of the character dynamics, some specific dances and scenes I liked, the performances of Sharon Wehner, Yosvani Ramos, and Francisco Estevez, and the work of conductor Adam Flatt.

The tweets for some of my threads have been twisted out of chronological order by Twitter's platform. The coherency of this thread has been badly affected as a result. My apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment