Tuesday, March 31, 2020

3/16/18 review of film Love, Simon, dir. by Greg Berlanti


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the film Love, Simon, directed by Greg Berlanti.

The thread gives a summary of the film. It discusses some of the film's themes, such as community and family support, being queer locally (i.e. in your own hometown), blackmail versus openness, choosing when to come out. It discusses how I liked some of the general story tropes the film plays with. It mentions some of my favorite performances, characters, and character dynamics in the film. And it gives some criticisms I had of the film.

The tweets in some of my threads have been twisted out of chronological order by Twitter's platform. This thread's coherency is moderately affected as a result. My apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment