Monday, March 9, 2020

1/6/18 review of film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, directed by Martin McDonagh.

The thread gives a summary of the film. The thread discusses some of the film's themes, such as grief and loss; forgiving ourselves; our good and bad sides; seeking redemption; idealized families, for individuals and communities; and the power our words have to change things. The thread also discusses Frances McDormand's great performance, as well as what made me a little bit reluctant to see the film.

Some of my threads have been twisted out of chronological order by Twitter's platform. This has a pretty bad effect on the coherency of this thread. My apologies.

I saw this film at the Landmark Esquire Theatre in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment