Tuesday, March 10, 2020

1/18/20 discussion about my fanfiction Summer Azure ahead of 2018 Women's March

Here is the link to a Twitter thread I did in January of 2018 about my amateur novel Summer Azure.

Summer Azure can essentially be seen as a Dance Moms fanfiction mixed with a lesbian-themed variation on the Lolita story. It is a youth/adult romance about a dancing star girl who befriends and then falls in love with a reclusive businesswoman next door.

I wrote my thread about my novel on the eve of the 2nd annual Women's March, because the novel ends with the first Women's March. The thread gives a lot of background into how I came to write the story, my political reasons for writing the story, the way I wove the political themes into the story, and some basics about my characters and the plot, and how they all relate to my own personal life and political ideas, and how they all culminate with the Women's March.

Some of my Twitter threads have been twisted out of chronological order by Twitter's platform. Unfortunately, this particular thread's coherency suffers a lot as a result. My apologies.

Here is the link to my novel Summer Azure, which is online and free to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment