Thursday, March 5, 2020

12/16/17 review of film Star Wars: The Last Jedi, dir. by Rian Johnson


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the film Star Wars: The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson.

The thread gives a summary of the film. It discusses some things I liked about the film, such as the character arcs, the space it gave to the younger generation of characters, some of the crowd-pleasing and "fanfiction" elements of the story, some new aspects added to the Star Wars storyline, some characters I liked and didn't like, and my enjoyment of the Rose Tico (Kelly Marie Tran) character.

Unfortunately, this is yet another thread that Twitter's platform has twisted around. All the tweets are strung together out of chronological order, making the thread a little incoherent. My apologies.

I saw this film at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema's Sloans Lake theater in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment