Wednesday, March 11, 2020

1/20/18 review of film The Road Movie, dir. by Dmitri Kalashnikov


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the film The Road Movie, directed by Dmitri Kalashnikov.

The thread gives a summary of the film, which is a montage of dashcam videos in Russia that had been posted to social media. The thread discusses the film's themes, such as how people converse about driving, how people think about dash cams, how the radio has a sort of synchronicity with life, and how humans are still often at the mercy of chance and at the mercy of other humans' stupidity. The thread discusses the film's similarity to other recent films, how the film kept me in suspense, how the film depicts Russia, and my feeling that something more could have been added to the film's overall artistic vision.

Some of my Twitter threads have been twisted out of chronological order by Twitter's platform. This thread's coherency is slightly affected because of that. My apologies.

I saw this film at the Denver Film Society's Sie FilmCenter in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment