Friday, March 6, 2020

12/31/17 discussion of Denver's 2017 Green Roof Initiative

(Image source: https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/31/denver-green-roof-law/)

Here is the link to my Twitter thread discussion of Denver's Green Roof Initiative, which was passed in 2017.

The thread discusses political movements from the 2010s I have found to be of key interest in the United States -- Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter, Standing Rock, and the DREAMERs (I might also nowadays count the Never Again movement and the Sunrise Movement).

The thread then discusses elements I liked about the Denver Green Roof Initiative -- its being grassroots, youth-driven, and civically engaged, and its working within the system. It discusses my own experiences with green roof building, environmentalism, and how I learned of the Denver Green Roof Initiative. It discusses the strengths and shortcomings of the initiative, as well as how I see the initiative serving as a model for other infrastructure innovation efforts in Denver's and Colorado's future.

Unfortunately -- this is yet another thread that has been twisted around by Twitter's platform, so that the tweets are all lined up out of chronological order -- making this thread in particular pretty incoherent. My apologies.


No comments:

Post a Comment