Thursday, March 5, 2020

12/14/17 discussion of my amateur novel Summer Azure

Here is the link to a Twitter thread from December of 2017 where I discuss my amateur novel Summer Azure, which I'd just finished posting.

The thread mostly discusses my study sources for the novel -- which is a youth-adult romance between a girl dancing star and a reclusive business woman next door. The thread discusses how I was influenced by Nabokov's novel Lolita and Bonnie Nadzam's novel Lamb, but also how my novel differed from those novels. It discusses some case studies relating to my story, such as those of Claire Lyte, Kaitlyn Hunt, Mary Kay Letourneau, and Helen Goddard. And it discusses some of the other basic themes of my story.

The thread also gives a link to the novel, which is online and free to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment