Friday, March 27, 2020

3/4/18 review of Nancy Drew novel The Bungalow Mystery


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the Nancy Drew novel The Bungalow Mystery, by Carolyn Keene.

The thread gives a summary of the novel and some background on the Nancy Drew series and my experiences reading it. The thread discusses how the book plays with form. It explores a lot of what I call the "femme-social" aspects of the book, as well as some very clear moments of girl-girl attraction and eroticism in the book. The thread also discusses aspects of Nancy's attraction to her father, her wish to have a mother and to be a mother, and her desire to be individualistic and not tied to anybody at all romantically.

The tweets in some of my threads have been twisted out of chronological order by Twitter's platform. This thread's coherency is slightly affected as a result. My apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment