Monday, March 9, 2020

1/5/18 review of film I, Tonya, dir. by Craig Gillespie


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the film I, Tonya, directed by Craig Gillespie.

The thread gives a summary of the film and some background on the film's subject, Tonya Harding. The thread also discusses Margot Robbie's work producing, acting, and skating in the film. The thread discusses the themes of the film, like fame and celebrity; public expectations from and neglect of celebrities; how the media constructs narratives about celebrities; how the film itself constructs a narrative; the performances in the film; and the character dynamics in the film.

A lot of my threads have been twisted out of chronological order by Twitter's platform. This thread suffers in coherency a little bit as a result. My apologies.

I saw this film at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Sloans Lake theater in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment