Wednesday, February 20, 2019

10/12/14 review of the film Pride, dir. by Matthew Warchus


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the film Pride, directed by Matthew Warchus.

Pride is one of my favorite movies of the decade, and one of the most inspiring films I've ever seen. It taught me about intersectionality before (quite honestly) I knew the word. It's about a group of LGBTQ folks in the mid-1980s UK who decide to help out a mine workers' union but also have to win over the miners so they'll take their help.

My thread discusses how the film progressed on ideas of LGBTQ activism I'd previously learned about. It discusses the punk feel of the film, and the sense of empowerment in the film. I also mention that the film is a must-see. I still agree with that.

Here is the trailer for the film Pride.


I saw this film at the Landmark Theatres Mayan Theatre in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment