Wednesday, February 13, 2019

3/17/13 thoughts on Spaceport Colorado

(Image: The Colorado Space Coalition)

Here is a March 17, 2013, series of Twitter posts I made about the Spaceport Colorado.

Unlike my later Twitter reviews, this isn't posted in one thread. Instead, each tweet is posted separately.

The tweets are below for your convenience.

***

Tweet 1. @elonmusk @richardbranson Any opinions regarding Spaceport Colorado? I'm interested. I work down the block, and I've been interested awhile.

T2. @elonmusk @richardbranson Seems like the @FAANews is planning to shut down the Front Range tower that is necessary for the Spaceport.

T3. @elonmusk @richardbranson But I wonder if a corporation can own and run a Spaceport, or if it has to be FAA.

***

I post this set of tweets because it covers an interest of mine that I didn't really follow up on. I was very interested in space travel from maybe 2004 through 2014. I was really interested in commercialization of the space industry from 2007 to 2014. But I stopped being interested after a while.

Nevertheless, there recently (2019) have been some developments regarding the Spaceport Colorado.

It sounds like the FAA gave a license to the Spaceport Colorado in August of 2018. So the project seems to be moving forward.

Here is the link to the Colorado Air and Space Port website.

Here is the link to the Colorado Space Business Roundtable, which I used to interact with here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment