Thursday, February 7, 2019

12/2/12 review of Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens


This is one of my earlier Twitter reviews. It's a review of the classic novel Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.

I did this Twitter review on December 2, 2012.

Unlike many of my Twitter reviews, this was not done as a thread of tweets, but as separate tweets.

I have reproduced the tweets here for easier reading.

T1. Finished reading Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist today. Interesting prototype, I guess, for a lot of future Charles Dickens books.

T2. I liked The Old Curiosity Shop a whole lot when I read it. Now I can see how it mirrors Oliver Twist.

T3. Oliver Twist's characters don't strike me as being as fleshed out as other Dickens characters. But the plot is very intense and engaging.

T4. The final book of Oliver Twist is really a pretty wild ride. The sense of doom is so palpable.

T5. It's easy to see how certain scenes of Oliver Twist influenced writers like Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie.

No comments:

Post a Comment