Wednesday, February 20, 2019

10/26/14 review of the documentary Poto and Gabengo

(Image: IMDb)

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the 1980 documentary Poto and Cabengo, directed by Jean-Pierre Gorin.

As a heads up -- throughout the thread, I call Gorin "Morin," which was embarrassingly stupid of me.

My thread gives a summary of the documentary -- the story of two young, isolated girls who began to speak their own language; their strange parents and grandmother; the circumstances of their isolation; and the media frenzy that erupted after the girls were discovered. I discuss my own sad feelings over the film's ending, as well as my identification with the girls.

I checked this movie out from the Jefferson County Public Library system in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment