Monday, February 4, 2019

10/19/15 review of National Theatre Live's The Beaux' Stratagem



Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the National Theatre Live's 2015 production of George Farquhar's The Beaux' Stratagem.

My thread discusses the play's use of comedy of manners conventions, the realistic and gritty treatment of the couples, ideas around things like marriage and consent, and some of my favorite characters and costume designs. I also discuss the lineup of National Theatre Live screenings that were happening after The Beaux' Stratagem.

Here is the link to the National Theatre Live's schedule. NT Live screens England's National Theatre's performances in movie theaters all around the world. Find a screening near you!

I saw this screening at the Denver Film Society, a great movie theater in Denver, Colorado.


No comments:

Post a Comment