Thursday, February 7, 2019

11/24/12 review of Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie


Here is my one of my earlier Twitter thread reviews. This is a review of the Agatha Christie mystery novel Cat Among the Pigeons.

I did this review on November 24, 2012.

Unlike many of my Twitter reviews, I did not post all the tweets in one thread. Instead, I posted them separately.

I have reproduced the tweets in this blog for easier reading.

T1. Finished reading Cat among the Pigeons, by Agatha Christie. The mystery of multiple murders at an elite girls' school.

T2Cat Among the Pigeons is an interesting mix of the "who's after the jewels" motif with the "who wants the glory of succession" motif.

T3Cat Among the Pigeons also seems to have interesting undercurrents having to do with the rites of passage from girlhood to womanhood.

T4. But the most interesting theme of Cat Among the Pigeons is that of the effects of an increasingly interwoven world on traditional Europe.

I'm pretty sure, not totally sure, that I checked this book out from the Jefferson County Public Library system in Colorado.

Here is the link to the Agatha Christie website page for Cat Among the Pigeons.

No comments:

Post a Comment