Wednesday, February 13, 2019

2/10/13 review of show Art of the State at Arvada Center

(Image: Arvada Center)

Here is my February 10, 2013, Twitter review of the Art of the State show at the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities.

Art of the State is a juried exhibition of art from all across the state of Colorado. Arvada Center is a spacious and beautiful place. So the exhibition is always expansive and dazzling.

I can't remember for sure, now (2019), but I think this was the very first Art of the State show. There have since been follow-ups in 2016 and 2019.

Even though this review is very simplistic, I'm fond it because it was -- I'm pretty sure -- the first art gallery/museum review I posted to Twitter.

Unlike my earlier Twitter reviews, this is not posted in one thread. Instead, I post each tweet separately.

The tweets are below for your convenience.

***

Tweet 1. Went to the "Art of the State" art exhibit at @arvadacenter today. Good exhibit of works by local artists. And I like Arvada Center's space.

T2. Works I liked from Art of the State @arvadacenter - "Constant Acclivity" by Melissa Furness: swimmers superimposed on Mayan ruins & designs.

T3. @arvadacenter Also liked "Mending" by @KatieMCaron - Stop motion animation of body-like, machine-like contagion-landscapes in seven parts.

T4. @arvadacenter Liked the almost Egyptian, massive, black bust of "Quiet Mind" by Scarlett Kanistanaux.

T5. @arvadacenter Liked how Bernice Strawn's "Ascent" & Libby Barbee's "Reimagining Bierstadt" reminded me of Colorado. Both very creative.

Interestingly, Arvada Center replied to my review:

Arvada Center. @PreemiMaboroshi  Glad you enjoyed #aots @arvadacenter We'll share your tweet with our Exhibition Manager and Curators ! @arvadacenter

Me. @arvadacenter Thanks!

***

Here is the link to the catalog for the 2013 Art of the State Show.

Here is the link to the Arvada Center's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment