Wednesday, February 13, 2019

3/2/13 review of Hinamatsuri at Simpson United Methodist Church

(Image: Kazuko Kozai website.)

Here is my March 2, 2013, Twitter review of the Hinamatsuri event at the Simpson United Methodist Church in Arvada.

Unlike my later Twitter reviews, I did not post this all in one thread. Instead, I posted each tweet separately.

The tweets are below for your convenience.

However, some of the tweets have images attached. I didn't attach the images to this post. (I might change this in later posts.) So if you click on the links for each tweet, you should see the pictures.

Also, the "sick relative" in the first tweet was my grandmother. Unfortunately, she passed away only a few weeks after this review.

***

Tweet 1. This morning, visited sick relative. In afternoon, went to Hina Matsuri (Japan Doll Festival) at Simpson United Methodist Church in Arvada.

T2. #HinaMatsuri is, as far as I know, a festival for displaying dolls. I think it runs in conjunction with the festival of Girls' Day.

T3. Here's a view of a doll-temple (I think). #HinaMatsuri

T4. Here's a husband and wife. #HinaMatsuri

T5. Here are a husband and wife and a young girl. #HinaMatsuri

T6. Here's one with interesting dolls and calligraphy. #HinaMatsuri

T7. Forgot to mention for anyone in #Denver -- the #HinaMatsuri at the Simpson United Methodist Church runs tomorrow, March 3rd, as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment