Thursday, February 21, 2019

1/3/15 review of History Colorado show RACE: Are We So Different?


Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the 2014/15 History Colorado exhibition RACE: Are We So Different?

My Twitter thread gives a brief summary of the show, then discusses its interactive feel. I discuss how the exhibit traces the social expedience of the concept of race, and how that concept has developed to foster exclusion. I discuss some elements of exclusion the exhibit points out (homeownership, access, etc.). I also reflect on how the exhibit inspired me even more to be more active socially and politically.

RACE: Are We So Different? was a traveling exhibition created by the American Anthropological Association. Here is their webpage on the exhibition.

Here is the link to History Colorado's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment