Thursday, February 7, 2019

11/6/2012 review of book The Power of Style


This is my Twitter thread review of the book The Power of Style, by Annette Tapert and Diana Edkins.

I wrote this review on November 6, 2012.

Unlike many of my Twitter reviews, this was not written in thread form. Instead, I posted each thread in the review separately.

So I have reproduced each tweet into this blog post for easier reading.

T1. Finished reading The Power of Style, by Annette Tapert and Diana Edkins. The stories of fourteen fashionable women.

T2. Women from Power of Style who most interested me were Elsie de Wolfe, Diana Vreeland, Millicent Rogers, and Pauline de Rothschild.

T3. Also interesting to see how people like Cecil Beaton, Mainboucher, and Elsa Schiaparelli are part of the life stories in The Power of Style.

T4. Elsie de Wolfe was my favorite in The Power of Style. A career arc from actress/hostess to world-renowned interior designer -- and inventor!

I checked this book out from the Jefferson County Public Library system in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment