Monday, February 18, 2019

6/5/14 review of book The American Drive-In Movie Theatre

(Image: My copy of the book)

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the book The American Drive-In Movie Theatre, by Don and Susan Sanders.

Don and Susan Sanders's book gives a great history of the brief age of drive-ins. My Twitter thread
summarizes some of that history. My thread then focuses on the later period of drive-ins, how managers tried to maximize profits from them, how they got too full and became places for more adult activity, and how that led to adult movies being played there. The thread discusses the beautiful art in the book. But I don't have any pictures in the thread for some reason.

I believe I got this book from one of the discount shelves at a Barnes & Noble that was near where I worked at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment