Tuesday, February 5, 2019

11/23/15 review of Bolshoi Ballet in Cinema performance of Giselle

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the Bolshoi Ballet's cinema screening of their performance of the ballet Giselle.

The Bolshoi's Giselle is choreographed by Yuri Grigorovich. Grigorovich based his version on versions of Giselle from 1842 and 1892. My thread discusses my preference of the second act over the first act. I discuss how Giselle explores similar to those in Swan Lake, but with a bit of a twist.

Here is a trailer for the Bolshoi's Giselle.


The Bolshoi in Cinema series transmits performances (some live, some recorded) to movie theaters all around the world. I highly recommend you find a screening in a theater near you!

I saw this screening at the Denver Film Society, a great movie theater in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment