Friday, February 15, 2019

3/16/14 review of film The Grand Budapest Hotel, dir. by Wes Anderson


Here is my March 16, 2014, Twitter review of the film The Grand Budapest Hotel, directed by Wes Anderson.

Unlike my later Twitter reviews, this review was not posted in one thread. Instead, each tweet was posted separately.

The tweets are below, for your convenience.

However, I do believe this was the last time I posted a review to Twitter this way. The next review I find is posted as a single thread.

***

Tweet 1. Watched #GrandBudapestHotel today. I wouldn't sneak in grocery store candy for this flick. Do Crumbs, Dean & DeLuca, something like that.

T2. Oh, also, there's one specific plot device in #GrandBudapestHotel that left me a basket case.

T3. The Mendl's candy boxes in #GrandBudapestHotel are kind of like bento boxes mixed with the Hellraiser Rubik's cube.

T4. The workers at the Landmark Esquire in Denver were dressed as lobby boys for #GrandBudapestHotel.

T5. One girl was particularly cute. Imagine Grimes with pencil mustache and Lobby Boy hat. See how in love you are now? #GrandBudapestHotel

T6. Didn't realize until now that Agatha is homage to #agathachristie. Makes sense. #GrandBudapestHotel

T7. Recently read 3 Agathas: The Pale Horse, The Moving Finger, & Endless Night. The homage should have struck me sooner. #GrandBudapestHotel

T8. Or maybe there is no homage. It's a "nomage," or an "homage mirage."

***

Here is the trailer for The Grand Budapest Hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment