Tuesday, February 5, 2019

11/23/15 review of documentary Peggy Guggenheim: Art Addict

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the documentary Peggy Guggenheim: Art Addict, directed by Lisa Immordino Vreeland.

Peggy Guggenheim: Art Addict shows how Guggenheim's skill in curation and promotion helped put American art on the map globally, including with her discovery and promotion of Jackson Pollock. My thread discusses some of that history. I also discuss Guggenheim's curating philosophy and other people's opinion of her as a curator. And I discuss some of the people that the documentary introduced me to or gave me more insight into.

Here is the trailer for Peggy Guggenheim: Art Addict.


I saw this film at the Landmark Theatre Chez Artiste Theatre in Denver, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment