Friday, February 1, 2019

10/13/15 review of book The Song Machine, by John Seabrook



Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the book The Song Machine: Inside the Hit Factory, by John Seabrook.

The Song Machine follows the history of Cheiron Studios and its alumni, music producers who created many of the 21st century's top pop hits, including by the Backstreet Boys, Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, Rihanna, and Katy Perry. My thread discusses themes such as manufactured music, personal stories, collaborations between artists and producers, some questions I had around K-pop, and some of the cool producers I learned about.

I bought this book at the Tattered Cover Book Store, a great bookstore chain in Denver, Colorado.

Here is W.W. Norton's page for The Song Machine: Inside the Hit Factory.


No comments:

Post a Comment