Tuesday, February 5, 2019

12/3/15 review of Denver Art Museum show Wyeth: Andrew and Jamie in the Studio

(Image: Jamie Wyeth's Twin Houses, from Denver Art Museum website, via UMB Financial Corporation Fine Art Collection)

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the Denver Art Museum show Wyeth: Andrew and Jamie in the Studio, which I believe was curated by Timothy J. Standring.

Wyeth: Andrew and Jamie in the Studio compares the work of father and son painters Andrew and Jamie Wyeth. My thread shows a lot of pictures of the work on display in the show. I discuss the varying styles of Andrew and Jamie. I discuss their different approaches to subjects. I discuss Andrew's drybrush and tempera styles. I discuss Jamie's visceral approach, including his use of cardboard as a canvas. And I discuss some erotic aspects of Andrew's and Jamie's works, including their nudes.

Here is a link to the Denver Art Museum's page for Wyeth: Andrew and Jamie in the Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment