Wednesday, February 20, 2019

10/14/14 review of novel Valley of the Dolls, by Jacqueline Susann

(Image: Google)

Here is the link to my Twitter thread review of the Jacqueline Susann novel Valley of the Dolls.

I'm embarrassed to say that I began this 2014 thread totally unaware of the film adaptation of this book. I seem only to have been aware of the film Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. Shameful of me.

My Twitter thread review gives a summary of the novel. It discusses the way the novel depicts post-WWII New York City and Hollywood. It compares the book with some of the books I'd recently read. It discusses what I like about the style and structure of the book. And it gives a little opinion about the meanings of drugs and dolls in the book.

I checked this book out from the Jefferson County Public Library system in Colorado.



No comments:

Post a Comment