Wednesday, February 13, 2019

3/3/13 review of MCA Denver shows by Karen Kilimnik and Patti Hallock

(Image: Karen Kilimnik work at MCA Denver)

Here is my March 3, 2013, Twitter thread about two solo shows at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver: Dance Rehearsal: Karen Kilimnik's World of Ballet and Theatre, and Patti Hallock: West Is Here.

Unlike my later Twitter reviews, this review was not posted as one thread. Instead, I posted each tweet separately.

The tweets are below for your convenience.

***

Tweet 1. Today I went to the @mcadenver Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. A nice museum right on the edge of Downtown Denver.

T2. At @mcadenver I went to the exhibits of work by @pattihallock & Karen Kilimnik. I think today was the last day of Hallock's exhibit.

T3. Karen Kilimnik's work is on at @mcadenver through late June. The work, drawings, paintings, and video, focuses on the ballet.

***

As you can see, this is a pretty simplistic review. But I am pretty sure it's my first review of a show at the MCA Denver.

My first Twitter reaction to the MCA Denver was to the tweet below, which links to a video tribute to Jake Adam York. The MCA Denver posted this tweet on January 27, 2013.

While my response was genuine and respectful, I don't think it was as somber as the occasion called for.

***

MCA Denver. A video tribute to our friend Jake Adam York. The best speaker on bourbon, bbq or poetry there ever was or will be.

Me. @mcadenver Awesome. The "perfect mint julep" speech was great.

***

Here is the link to info on the MCA Denver's show Dance Rehearsal: Karen Kilimnik's World of Ballet and Theatre.

Here is the link to info on the MCA Denver's show Patti Hallock: West Is Here.

Here is the link to the MCA Denver's memorial of Jake Adam York.


No comments:

Post a Comment